McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship
Baylor University has established the McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship in order to aid with the affordability and engagement of MCC transfer students to Baylor University. This scholarship, worth $1,500 per semester, is designed to promote a strong transfer student transition and add to the foundational relationship between MCC and Baylor in the future.
Where Can I Apply?
Please note, there is one application for both the Transfer Student Engagement and MCC Transfer Student Engagement Scholarships. This application can be found here.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Students eligible to apply for the McLennan Community College Transfer Student Engagement Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements.
- Accepted to Baylor University and deposited with Undergraduate Admissions
- Have at least 24 credit hours from McLennan Community College, post high school
- Earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA from McLennan Community College
- Plan to enroll full time at Baylor University starting the 2022-2023 academic year
What is the Application Process Like?
Students must complete the application no later than June 15 at 12:00 midnight. Award announcements will be sent in early July. In order to be fully considered for this scholarship, a student must have their FAFSA and CSS profile submitted to financial aid by June 15th.
If additional opportunities are available for Spring 2024 transfer students, they will be posted here mid-Fall.
How Much is the Scholarship?
- $1,500 per semester ($3,000 per year)
- Renewable for up to 4 years
What are the Requirements to Maintain a Transfer Engagement Scholarship?
- Remain in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Meet with Transfer Student Success Program Director 2 times the first semester
- Attend Transfer Welcome Week
- Participate in the Transfer Mentor Program (additional application required)
Year Two (and beyond):
- Remaining in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Apply and serve as a transfer leader within Transfer Student Success
Who Can I Contact to Ask Questions?
Please email Transfer_Success@baylor.edu for more information.