Transfer Success Scholarships
Identifying financial aid and scholarships is often a priority for transfer students. The Student Financial Services office offers several helpful resources including an explanation of aid types, scholarship listing, affordability guide and much more! Look around their website for more information or contact them.
Transfer Student Success also offers two scholarship opportunities for incoming transfer students.
- If transferring from McLennan Community College, the MCC Transfer Engagement Scholarship.
- All other incoming transfer student, the Transfer Engagement Scholarship.
Please note, both scholarships will be awarded from the same application depending on where a student is transferring from.
Transfer Engagement Scholarship
Where Can I Apply?
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Students eligible to apply for the Transfer Engagement Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements.
- Accepted to Baylor University and deposited with Undergraduate Admissions
- Have at least 24 credit hours from a previous institution of higher education post high school
- Earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA from a previous institution of higher education AND
- Plan to enroll full time at Baylor University starting the 2022-2023 academic year
What is the Application Process Like?
Students must complete the application no later than June 15 at 12:00 midnight. Award announcements will be sent in early July. In order to be fully considered for this scholarship, a student must have their FAFSA and CSS profile submitted to financial aid by June 15th.
If additional opportunities are available for Spring 2024 transfer students, they will be posted here mid-Fall.
How Much is the Scholarship?
- $1,500 per semester ($3,000 per year)
- Renewable for up to 4 years
What are the Requirements to Maintain a Transfer Engagement Scholarship?
- Remain in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Meet with Transfer Student Success Program Director 2 times the first semester
- Attend Transfer Welcome Week
- Participate in the Transfer Mentor Program (additional application required)
Year Two (and beyond):
- Remaining in good disciplinary and academic standing with Baylor
- Apply and serve as a transfer leader within Transfer Student Success
Who Can I Contact to Ask Questions?
Please email Transfer_Success@baylor.edu for more information.